Happy Father's Day

Friday, June 16, 2006
After yesterday’s negative post I wanted to write something more uplifting for Father’s Day. I realize not all men are bad but the information I learned earlier in the week threw me over the edge.

There are many good men in the world and I wanted to tell you about one of them. Not only is he my best friend but he is also my younger brother. It is impossible to be successful or happy in this life on your own. He is one of the reasons I am so lucky in this world. I am lucky because I am surrounded by some of the best people in this world and my brother leads the pack.

He is the patient and loving father of three bright kids. He is also a dedicated husband who does the big things and the little things to keep his wife happy. There are not a lot of REAL men in this world but my brother is a REAL man.

His job is very stressful but he continues on when he could easily walk away for a less stressful job, but his family’s happiness is more important to him. Now is that toughness or what? Most men would not do this for their family but he does. He also does not realize just how good of a father and husband he is. Let me tell you bro, you are the best!

He is also the best friend anyone could ever have and he has always been there for me. When we were kids we fought constantly but no one else could kick his ass except me. If anyone else picked on him they would have to answer to me. We emerged from childhood very close and have remained close.

About ten years ago I was down and out in the IT field but he was the one that picked me back up and got me on my feet again. If not for that act of kindness, who knows where I would be today.

Here is to you bro, you are my role model and my best friend. Happy Father’s Day.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Milwaukee Girl said...

Great post Darth! I hope your little bro gets to read this!

2:15 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Visiting from Dr. Johns blog :)
I had a horrible father (won't go into detail here), but I had two uncle's who were wonderful men and wonderful role models.
I think your post is lovely tribute and a reminder that there are many wonderful decent men in this world.
all the best to you.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Sent to you by Dr. John. Of course after reading your last post I had to read a few more. Don't you hate it when a few lousy guys ruin it for the rest of you? Same goes for women, some are down right nasty giving all of us a bad name.

Well, I'm glad you have a great brother in your life. My brother and I rearely talk even though we live in the same city but I know if I ever needed him, he would be there.

7:27 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Thanks everybody for your kind words. I hope everybody had an awesome Father's Day.

I also wanted to say that I have two younger brothers. The one mentioned here is not the same one with the legal trouble. I'll have to figure out a way to distinguish them.

By the way, who is Dr. John?

9:48 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

HI I came from Dr Johns blog too....I like your blog...Im going to continue to read it...and I hope your younger bro had a happy Fathers day!

3:02 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Mimi,

I found it earlier by browsing to your site. I did check out his blog and it is good. It will probably part of my regular rotation. Thanks. :)

6:40 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Catch,

Thanks for the comment and come back often.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home