Vacation Update Part 4

Thursday, June 01, 2006
The last couple of days were amazing. We saw Scotts Bluff and Chimney Rock Nebraska. All I can say is, “Wow!” Both of those historic landmarks are visually astounding.

We also stood on the original Oregon Trail at Mitchell’s Pass. You can see evidence of wagon crossing and people carved their names in the rock along with the date; most were 1880’s and earlier. We ran into a family of wild rabbits that were friendly enough to come to me when I called them.

Right now we are in a Days Inn in Sioux City, Iowa. Tomorrow we visit the Blue Bunny ice cream factory in LaMars, Iowa and the Villisca Axe Murder House. This will be a tour only as I scout the house for a possible overnight excursion with the paranormal team later this summer.

See the bunny in his hole. As first they were scared but when I squatted and held out my hand they came right to me.





Chimney Rock





Scott's Bluff, NE





Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of the pictures have been wonderful. It's offical you are not "a cat person", you are just a big push over for any kind of cute, fuzzy little animal. LOL
Safe Travels.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kitten wtw said...

What great captures. It leaves me longing for a vacation!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing shots! Looks like a blast n' a half!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home