Somebody Get The Stick Out of Our Ass

Monday, February 05, 2007
Another Superbowl, another boring mess. The game was almost as bad as watching two pigs get stuck in the mud while trying to free themselves. (I better be careful because people might complain because I am poking fun of pigs). I fell asleep during the third quarter so I did miss a little of the game but nothing happened anyway. The game was over in the second quarter; I think there was a total of two exciting plays.

This year the commercials were the worst I have ever seen. With the exception of Blockbuster and a couple of Budweiser ads, the whole mess was horrible. But the Budweiser axe and chainsaw hitchhiker ad was "fall on the floor" funny. I hate commercials anyway but I do appreciate the humor in beer ads.

I saw the Federline commercial which was supposedly making fun of fast food workers (which was not worth the tape it was copied on). People were complaining because it belittled fast food workers. Now we cannot make fun of people’s jobs.

We have got to get the stick out of our ass before we all die from stress. Good comedy is going to have to go underground soon or comedians will face law suits. What the hell is wrong with us when we cannot make fun of people’s jobs? I really hope to be kidnapped by aliens soon because I can’t take much more of this shit. If I am going to get probed in the ass at least a whole society should benefit from it and not just the NFL.

A very good friend (AndyR) was rushed into surgery yesterday at 8pm because his aorta burst open. He was very close to death but managed to get himself to the hospital just in time. Now I know why he didn't show up for the game.

I didn’t find out what happened until about 10pm but I was left speechless. I am going to visit him in the hospital tonight. This is proof how valuable our time on Earth is and how quickly it can be taken away. Live everyday like it is your last because you never know when it will be.

Get well soon Andy as the readership of this blog just dropped by 50%.

In closing I leave you with a list of events or videos that were more fun to watch than
Superbowl XLI:

• A tractor Pull (this was very close).
• Snapping turtles bottoming out in the deep sand.
• Real time video of a bucket of ice melting on the frozen tundra.
• The underwater mating habits of the wild sponge.
• The above water mating habits of Wal-Mart greeters (I think I just threw up in my mouth)
• A Kevin Ferderline music video.
• 100 hours of video of dogs licking their balls narrated by Charlton Heston.
• A spitting contest featuring 10 ill-showered, beard-wearing, Camel smoking, tobacco-chewing, camoflauge-wearing, NRA-card carrying, gun-toting, big-breasted, Bible thumping, toothless, Republican midwestern hunters.
• The riveting docudrama entitled, “How many wheels can I fit on the rear axle of my truck” starring the winner of the spitting contest.
• Making the career jump from whore to high school French Teacher in 5.1 DTS.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Intoxicating Catnip said...

The game was good for the first QTR then it was boring. The commercials were not that funny either. It doesn't matter, I watch it anyway.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hello there. here i'm after a long absence. i can assure you i have missed visiting you and reading what you have to write about. it is great to be here now..i'm sorry that Andy had such a horrible fright. that was close and i'm so thankful he got to a hospital in time. i'm glad he was not in my city for it might not have matter how soon he got to a hospital...he could still have died waiting to see someone..but that is my rant and i'm glad nothing to do with Andy.
i have no interest in football really..hockey is more my thing. than again, i'm not really allow to watch hockey these days for i get all stress out and it sends my heart into trouble..nonetheless, i didn't have any interest in the Superbowl or their commercials.
i can assure you i'm with you in the fact that Snapping turtles anything would have been more entertaining for me..

anyhoo, i hope to be around a bit more often now that i'm feeling better. thank you for your patience in my not being a regular lately. i got your comments and i thank you for caring and for your words. i go for eye surgery on thursday so it may be a few days after that until i can come back to visit you but i can tell you honestly i look forward to it very much. until then, keep your wonderful blog going. don't let the number of commenters bring you down. your common sense post need to be written and i thank you.

many hugs to you and the family and to Andy, my very best wishes for a speedy recovery and no more near events.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Law Fairy said...

100 hours of video of dogs licking their balls narrated by Charlton Heston.

You say this like it wouldn't be enjoyable except in comparison to the Super Bowl.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Andy, and I pray he has a quick recovery!

Also, I was rather fond of the Snickers commercial, myself -- I'm worried about the fact that the gay rights activists find it offensive and yet I don't... I usually think of myself as a better feminist/gay rights activist than a lot of the gay rights people... I hope they don't revoke my card! ;)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Marica said...

I have to agree about the game. Hope your friend gets better.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Milwaukee Girl said...

This is what happens when I don't check in every day! Andy has my blessings.

What did you think of the GM Robot commercial? One of the girls watching the Super Bowl with us actually teared up at it.

And speaking of the fast food industry giving crap about the commercials, GLADD had Snicker's pull the kissing commercial - where is this world going?

11:31 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Chana,
I am glad you are feeling better I think you had everybody in the blogger world scared for you.

Law Fairy,
I forgot about the Snickers commercial which was hilarious too. I cannot understand why certain gay rights organizations found it offensive? Just another example of how we need to get the stick out of our ass. For the record, I would NOT enjoy watching the dog video. Too much excitement for me.


Thanks for all of your comments and thoughts for my friend Andy.

11:33 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

MG

The Robot commercial was funny but disturbing. People tear up when it happens to a fake scenario featuring a loveable machine but when that actually happens to a real American worker, no one even bats an eye. I find that too disturbing to even contemplate.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home