The ABC's of Darth

Friday, February 16, 2007
I saw this on Mimi's blog and it sounded fun: (notice I have troubles choosing just one thing)

A-Available or married?
Married.

B-Best Friend?
I am so lucky to have more than one best friend: My brother, my wife, Andy R, Rozetta, Ken.

C-Cake or pie?
My mom’s homemade Lemon Pie (her German Chocolate Cake is not too bad either)

D-Drink of choice?
Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Root Beer, Sprite Zero, Crystal Light

E-Essential item?
Computers (notice it's plural)

F-Favorite color?
Dark Purple

G-Gummi bears or worms?
I hate all things gummi because they stick to my teeth. I eat sugar free York Peppermint patties and coconut chews.

H-Hometown?
St. Louis, MO

I-Indulgence?
Taking dangerous adventures either by or confronting things or going places I shouldn’t.

J-January or February?
I really do not like either of these months but if I must choose one then it will be February; only because it is a shorter month and closer to spring.

K-Kids and names?
I have one son named Nick, a straight-A, 15-year old freshman. He is already taking classes as a freshman in high school which I took deep into college.

L-Life is incomplete without?
My family and friends.

M-Marriage date?
October 31, 1998

N-Number of siblings?
2 younger brothers.

O-Oranges or apples?
Actaully, I prefer peaches (in season) and grapes.

P-Phobias/fears?
Death of a loved one and losing my freedom.

Q-Favorite Quotes?
Life is not about the number of breaths you take but the number of moments which take your breath away.
Love in the past is a memory, love in the future is a fantasy, only here and now can we truly love.
Men have two heads but only enough blood to run one at a time.

R-Reasons to smile?
My family and friends.

S-Season?
Fall

T-Tag 3 people?
Instead of a tag how about an open invitation to participate. Just leave a comment so I know you are doing it.

U-Unknown fact about me?
I have a superman complex in which I like to save people. This is probably why I like dangerous adventures.

V-Vegetable you hate?
Raw onions (my Kryptonite)

W-Worst habit?
Retreating into my dungeon to write and do research for many hours.

X-X-rays you have had?
Leg, more specifically the knee. I eventually had surgery.

Y-Your favorite foods?
Imo’s Pizza with meat and provel cheese toppings, preferrably pepperoni(A St. Louis thing)
Hostess Snowballs (which I rarely eat anymore)

Z-Zodiac sign?
Leo

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love that 1st quote you shared!

Since I noticed you drink a lot of diet stuff I am curious what is your take on the whole issue of the gov supposedly covering up how bad most are for us? I think they are bad. But as much as I have had and as old as I am I figure damage done. But I am trying to avoid them.

8:49 PM  
Blogger hsdajr said...

A-Available or married?
Available.

B-Best Friend?
I recently was reminded that this is my Number 1 gift in Life. Jeff, Matt, Ken, Marty and more...

C-Cake or pie?
Pie

D-Drink of choice?
Water, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Caffeine Free Pepsi

E-Essential item?
Computers (notice it's plural) (No need to change Darth's response, perfect as is).

F-Favorite color?
Red on Black

G-Gummi bears or worms?
If just these two choices, I'd choose neither. Otherwise, of it's ilk, it would be jujubees.

H-Hometown?
St. Louis, MO

I-Indulgence?
Computers.

J-January or February?
January, start of a new year, with new possibilities

K-Kids and names?
No kids.

L-Life is incomplete without?
My family and friends.

M-Marriage date?

N-Number of siblings?
3 younger sisters and a younger brother.

O-Oranges or Apples?
I Prefer Apples to Oranges (or PCs)!

P-Phobias/fears?
Being fully concscious within a deadened body,
Heights

Q-Favorite Quotes?
Life is a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy, whatever we BElieve, will BE.

R-Reasons to smile?
My family and friends, twisted, sarcastic humor.

S-Season?
Fall

T-Tag 3 people?
No, reminds me too much of a chain e-mail when I do that.

U-Unknown fact about me?
Always wanted to be a SuperHero, to save someone's life, and to have such a clear, ethical/moral code.

V-Vegetable you hate?
Brussels Sprouts

W-Worst habit?
Being on the computer too much, being negative about myself (which appears to have recently changed).

X-X-rays you have had?
CT of Head, X-rays of spine, left leg, chest,


Y-Your favorite foods?
Spaghetti, Steak

Z-Zodiac sign?
Virgo

2:08 PM  
Blogger Milwaukee Girl said...

Very nice - it's like a myspace bulletin :)

What's the update on Andy? Everything turn out okay?

12:39 PM  
Blogger hsdajr said...

I am doing fine, Milwaukee Girl.

Healing seems slow to an impatient guy like me, but it's barely been two weeks since the surgery (been staying at my parents for just over a week now) and I just took myself off the pain meds yesterday.

Have a bit of a cold, and I tire easily, but I'm told that when I'm all healed, I won't need to be on any medications or special diets, I can go back to the way I was living before (although I probably will make some changes anyway).

My doctor's appointment isn't until March 7th, when hopefully I can move back to my apartment, and start driving again.

That's about it... Thanks for asking!

8:42 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Mimi,
I was going to do a post on the dangers of artificial sweeteners but I could not find enough conclusive evidence to support the argument that they are dangerous. With the aspartame sweeteners I contacted a doctor who published a book claiming aspartame caused brain cancer and claimed he had evidence to prove an FDA cover up. He never produced the evidence so I did not publish my article.

The only sweetener I prefer is Splenda which is sucralose. I try to avoid saccharin because it was already proven to cause cancer in FDA tests in the 1980’s. I was trying to find more information regarding the FDA tests on aspartame, sucralose and acesulfame (the other three primary artificial sweeteners) but I was unable to find anything convincing. If it is covered up, then they have done an excellent job.

If you read one of my articles I can assure you I do thorough research on the facts and do not publish unless I am convinced the facts are truthful. I might revisit this artificial sweetener debate again and publish an article if I can find better evidence of a cover up.

11:41 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Andy,

Thanks for responding to MG.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home