Tennessee Day 2

Sunday, September 24, 2006
Day two of our Tennessee odyssey and we made it as far as Lenoir City, TN. Tomorrow we will travel down Highway 321 and see the Smoky Mountains. Today was awesome, we visited,: The Carter House, Carthon Plantation, and a Confederate Cemetery and two of the oldest cemeteries in Tennessee (Rest Haven and the old City Cemetery) in Franklin TN, Stone Creek battle site from the Civil War, and Fall Creek State Park.

First of all, we did not see any ghosts in any of the cemeteries. I did not bring my PVR so I did not even get a chance to record any EVP’s. The ghost hunting has been a bust but Tennessee is a beautiful State and we are enjoying every minute of it.

Also, thanks to everybody for the awesome comments. I do not have time to respond but I appreciate all of them.



This is the exquisite Carthon Plantation, home to the McGavock family. John McGavock dedicated a plot of his land to the biggest private Confederate Cemetery in the country. It is still well maintained to this day.



Fall Creek Falls, a breathe-taking 296 foot waterfall.



City Cemetery in Franklin, TN. I would like to come back here at night with my PVR-this place really gave me the creeps. Most of the graves dated from the early to mid 1800’s.



Our rental car dragging some TP (typical)

I have noticed a couple of things about Tennessee. Many of the towns end with "ville"; we drove through a dozen "villes" today. Where is the Second Baptist Church? We found plenty of Firsts.

See you all tomorrow. Hopefully, I will have some shots from the Smoky Mountains.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

on my, the pics are so beautiful...what a house/mansion/plantation..holly smokes..it's gorgeous..

and i have this thing for waterfalls and that is just precious...love it..love it..

thank you for taking us along..i'm enojoying our trip..lol..

can't wait for more

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home