Ann

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
I returned from lunch on Friday to an urgent email from a friend. It only said to call immediately for urgent news. So I called immediately and discovered the wife of an old dear friend was in the hospital and very sick; she might only have 24 hours to live. Then I called my brother and told him.

“I have some bad news,” I said.
“Oh you head about Uncle Norman?”
“What?!! Hell no I was calling about Ann! What happened to Uncle Norman?”
“He had a stroke last night and he is in the hospital. What happened to Ann?”
“She is in the hospital with a liver disease; she might only have 24 hours to live.”
“Shit!” we both shouted.

So my friends and I gathered at my house on Friday night to ponder the events that were unfolding. “We’re too young for this shit,” was the theme. Then came the phone call in which we were advised she would definitely not make it though the night.

We left to have dinner and a couple of beers. It was quite the “Big Chill” moment. We all had a couples night out in March in which Kevin and Ann attended and Ann looked good. After the bar closed she did not want to go home and invited us all over to her house to keep partying. She was quite an awesome woman to be around; always smiling and laughing.

None of us could possibly imagine what Kevin (her husband) was going through. We tried but we could not travel down that imaginary hell of a mine shaft. We finally parted ways. It wasn’t more than twenty minutes after we departed when I received the phone call, “Ann died a few minutes ago.”

Friday night the wife of one of my oldest friends died of liver disease. She was only 42 years old and had much life left in her. She was loved dearly by many and will be missed. Please keep Kevin, husband of Anne in your thoughts and prayers.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

oh hon, i'm so deeply sorry. for both Ann and your uncle..please accept my condolences. i hope she rest in peace. my dad died at 47, he was shockingly too young..she was much younger even..how horrid..how sad..my heart is with you..hugs.prayers of course for her soul, for your uncles and for all the family and friends...

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you, your family, and the family and friends of Ann.
It is so hard to accept the passing of someone so young. You feel cheated out of the joy that they brought to life.
I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home