The Black Dahlia

Monday, September 18, 2006
When I first saw previews of the new movie, The Black Dahlia, I couldn’t wait to see it. Plus, I am a big fan of Brian DePalma so I figured this was a “can’t miss” feature. Was I wrong. At one hour into the movie I was ready to leave and at the end of the night I was reminded why I don’t go to many movies any more.

First of all, what is with all the commercials? When they started putting commercials in the theatres it was only one or two. Now you get five minutes or more of commercials. I’m fed up with this shit. Those commercials were supposed to keep the price of movies affordable but at $8.50 per ticket, I don’t see any savings.

The last three movies I’ve seen at the theatres were horrible; a complete waste of money. So I figure $30 was wasted per movie as if I took the money and threw it into the wind. There are many cool things I can do with $30; the least of which is spending it on a crappy movie. So I’m finished with movies for a while. I will wait for either the DVD or view it at the dollar show. Hollywood has ripped me off for the last time.

Note to Brian DePalma: If you are going to title your movie “The Black Dahlia, then try to focus the movie about the Black Dahlia. This movie was about two idiot cops that happened to be investigating the Black Dahlia case but that case was not the focal point of the movie. Hence, the movie entitled “The Black Dahlia only contained about 15 minutes of information about the Black Dahlia.

There should be a way to get your money back from shitty movies like this. As long as your grievance is legitimate such as, you led me to believe your movie was about “X” when it was NOT about “X” or this movie was a complete waste of my life. I could have checked both of these boxes about this tripe.

Even if this movie would have been titled something else, it was still a complete waste of film. I have a hard time believing an accomplished actress like Hilary Swank had anything to do with this. She was smoking hot but her incredible looks and performance were still not enough to save this sinking ship.

Black Dahlia final review:
0 out of 5 stars

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitten wtw said...

Hey I wanted to see this movie but it can wait till I Net Flix. I rarely go to the movies these days. With the awesome projector and sound system we have, it' s better than going to the movies plus I can come and go as I please.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Pirates of the Carrebean - I want half my money back because I only saw half a freaking movie!

There's the cell phones, the teen-agers making and/or conversing, the snotty-nosed kid who whines through the whole thing, the people behind you kicking your seat, and the guy who buys the XXL tub of popcorn and munches during the whole show. I would be happy if I never saw another movie in a movie theater again.

7:38 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Kittenwtw,
Don't waste your time on this one. Like I said in the post, it is a real loser.

Barbarian,
I enjopyed POTC but I agree with you; all it did was set up the final film. It solved nothing but left you with more questions than answers. I hate that.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The whole commercial thing is soooooo fucking true! It's like I PAID my $8 for the ticket just to sit around for 15 minutes of TV commercials! I do not pay to see fucking TV commercials on a big screen! If I wanted to watch them on some big screen, I'd just go over to my boyfriend's house and watch them on his 52" HDTV.

The Black Dahlia had a really cool poster though...

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home