iGouge

Thursday, June 28, 2007
This Friday, customers of Apple Computer will wait in lines to take it in the ass by paying $600 for a phone. Then they are forced to sign a contract with AT&T, which is notorious for slow and shitty cell phone service. After the 2 year contract is signed these drones will pay up to $3,000 to use a phone for two years. Because Apple cares about its customers so much, they are out pricing the next competitor by double and then forcing them to sign a contract with a known lemon. Thanks Apple, we appreciate the love!

Who is the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows the fool? In every case it's always the fool who follows the fool. Although this $600 price tag is a better example of price gouging than the oil companies, people will line up like brainless drones for a chance to dump their money for something which will be obsolete in six months. Then they’ll have to line up again to dump another $600 for the same thing but with more RAM or a different color.

When I see people willing to pay $3,000 to use a phone for two years, then I can very easily foresee $6 a gallon gas prices. The American consumer is infatuated with taking it in the ass, in fact; they’ll line up to take it in the ass. If gas prices were $6 per gallon, people would still buy the enormo SUV’s by the bushel because GM told them they needed it or they saw a commercial and it looked cool. When will people start to think with their brain instead of their ego?

This is the reason people in other countries hate us so much. We are a brainless society. We buy gold chains when we can’t afford food. We buy vehicles which burn gas like a forest fire consumes trees, while we watch the effects of global warming on the news like it’s a video game. We shop with forklifts and over pay for everything with a 29% credit card and then file bankruptcy next year. Meanwhile our expenses runneth over our income like the Gulf of Mexico at a New Orleans’ levy during a hurricane. Then we end up crying on Dr. Phil because our wife fucked the trash guy after the house was foreclosed.

The typical American consumer spends $1.10 for every $1 they earn, and the average credit card debt is closing in on $10,000 per household. This is stupid behavior but when people line up to pay $600 for a phone then I can easily see how this happens.


The above graph shows the escalating credit card debt in America. Lets all give Apple a big round of applause for contributing to this problem.

I’ll bet most of the people buying this device cannot afford it but will just charge it, further contributing to their downward economic slide. After all, this is not really a phone, it’s a status symbol. People will buy this device to compensate in other areas they are deficient; like maybe cock size or wallet size or even personality.

“But Darth, maybe if the hot chick at the coffee shop sees me with this phone while I drink my $6 cup of coffee, she’ll go home with me.” Could the hot chick actually have a brain and think, “What a waste of money? Anybody who spends $600 phone and $6 on a cup of coffee is a loser.” In any event, how will you even be able to afford to take her out when you will spend $3,000 for phone service for the next two years but you work at a dollar store?

When I see things like this happen, I see the collective intelligence of the entire country drop by 100 points. Can you survive with a phone which costs $300? And even that is obscene. Yea you could, but that would make too much sense. The typical American is infatuated with irrational behavior.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent $50 for my phone and I think that is obscene.

1:37 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I only used the $300 phone because it is the closest competitor; both Treo and Blackberry are this price. The good news about those two is they won’t use Gestapo tactics to lock you into a contract with shitty cell service because they get financial kickbacks.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I don't have a phone and refuse to get one, does that make me a genius?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I had a very similar train of though on the subject. Combine the upfront cost with the 2 year service deal, and this thing is a downright monstrosity in terms of cost. And I'm sure some idiot out there will miss his morgage payments to buy the damn thing. It's an obsession with material goods that are totally unnecessary; It's unhealthy for society.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good post! I totally agree with you. It is insane. I saw the people in line on the news and they were totally in it for the status symbol.

BTW~I can barely work my own basic, non pic taking cell phone,lol! I have almost got my digital camera figured out though!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Shavonne said...

LOL. I find the iPhone a waste of money. I hate phones though and I since I'll be looking to buy my first house soon, I rather save, save, save. Did I mention I'm debt free? Yeah baby! I'm in the positive. No credit card debt!!! No car payment!!! No bills other than putting gas in my car and paying my car insurance.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home