Take me out to the ballgame!

Thursday, November 09, 2006
"A Swing and Virginia hits a long fly ball into deep center field, this ball may go!! It is a grand slam for the Democrats, as Missouri, Montana and Ohio all score. They win the game and sweep the series!! That’s a winner!" If Jack Buck was still alive that is how he would have called the elections on Tuesday night.

In a fabulous coup d’etat, the American voters finally awoke from their eight year slumber and ran to the polls in record numbers. Not only did they elect Democrats, which ultimately swept both houses of Congress and the State Governors, but they saw through the lies and passed the much needed Amendment 2 in Missouri. This Amendment allows tax payer money to fund stem cell research giving hope to America that a separation of Church and State exists again in this important swing state.

Then the President stunned the nation by axing Donald Rumsfeld. In the press conference he looked humbled by the millions of American voices which cried out against his administration. It was the first time I have seen the President rattled. This proves he is out of touch with America; both he and his policies must change if the Republican Party is to have any chance in 2008.

The Democrats which won the elections are mostly moderates, so they should honestly try to work with the Republicans. The only trouble ahead is the Republicans still have plenty of ultra conservatives which will undoubtedly sabotage any attempt made at bipartisanship. These morons need to be replaced with moderate Republicans before gridlock sets in. Let’s hope they will play ball with everybody else next year.

My faith in the American voter is restored again. For the first time in this decade, Americans did not vote as their pastor instructed but how the politics of the situation demanded. When I saw McCaskill take the lead over Talent, for the first time in my life I actually jumped and shouted over election results. I pumped my fists in the air when I saw the Amendment 2 “yes” votes exceed the “no” votes.

I stayed up until 2am going back and forth from MSNBC to FOX and to my local station, as the graphic of the House and Senate got bluer and bluer. Yes! What a great year this has become! The Cardinals win the World Series and my country is closer to becoming my country again!!!

Did anybody else notice the gas prices rose sharply just one day after the election? Even though the price of a barrel of oil is under $53, gas rose over 20 cents a gallon. How in the hell can the price of oil keep dropping but the price of gas keep rising? I’ll tell you how, corporate greed. Even though the price of oil is down, those assholes are going to find a way to post record profits again this year. Let’s hope this new government can curb corporate greed and return a little order to this chaotic market.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mmhilbert said...

I am with you bro. I stayed up till 2:00 as well watching the election results.

The concern I still have is what the plan will be to sort through all of the messes we have in our economy and the Iraq war. Can the Dems actually come up with a good plan to remedy these or will they just add fuel to the fires that are burning? At least we have a step in the right direction.

I too am hopeful that we have turned the corner in repairing the country. We will have to wait until 2008 to repair foreign policy.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home