Vacation Update Part 1

Saturday, May 27, 2006
Well, I lucked out; our first hotel has wireless Internet. So here is a quick vacation update from Custer, South Dakota.

After driving almost the entire way from St. Louis to South Dakota on Friday night we arrived in the Badlands this afternoon about 1pm. In addition to touring the Badlands, we also saw Mt. Rushmore (no big deal) and Crazy Horse monument.

Mt. Rushmore is not a big as I imagined. You pay $8 to park your vehicle but the park is free.



Crazy Horse is a bigger monument than Mt. Rushmore but it’s not finished. It cost $25 to get in and you have to pay an additional $4 per person to ride a van to get closer to the monument. I thought that was kind of a rip off; if you pay $25 you would expect that to cover seeing the monument, right? Wrong. It covers the gift shop only and the craft shops. Big deal!

Badlands





Mt. Rushmore & Crazy Horse





I call this one "Ass Rock"

My whole life ass has followed me. When you turn onto the street going to my house, you turn onto ASSumption street. Everywhere I go I always see rock formations shaped as ass; this year is no exception.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitten wtw said...

Looks like you having fun. I would love to take pictures there.

6:26 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Kitten,

If you are a photographer this is a paradise. You would love it.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Kitten wtw said...

Looks fantasic. Looks like some place I NEED to visit.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! You got mooned by a rock! HAHAH! Couldn't resist!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home