The Realities of Nightmares

Sunday, January 29, 2006
Where have you gone, this love of mine? The lonely nights spent in desperation waiting for the sound of your voice are overpowering my will to believe you even exist at all. I have not heard love's voice in so long that I have forgotten it. The silence hurts my ears, destroys my heart and crushes my soul.

The beauty of your eyes and the energy I gained from your voice have faded, leaving behind only a shell of a man. The words exchanged that once echoed through my heart have been banished from my memories. Your arms that were once my umbilical cord of life have vanished leaving behind only ashes that were once hope and happiness.

Do you not feel this pain too? Have you created a fortress around your heart because it is easier to face than the reality? How difficult it must be for you to prevent the union of souls. An eternity of contentment, happiness and love denied in an instant; the wall must be thick indeed.

Being awakened from life’s dull sleep and realizing the possibilities of eternal happiness must have been too much for you. It’s safer in the dark. It’s safer within the sleep. It’s safer to live without love. Having been there for most of my life I would agree it is much safer there. The journey would be long and hazardous and not without casualties.

Some say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Then I must have looked into your soul and released the hidden passion you have buried within. The euphoria was overwhelming. When you stare into destiny’s eyes there are no more lies and no more secrets. Eternity's kiss was so close. Why must the dream fade and the nightmare begin?

At night, when you close your eyes who do you see? When the tears run down your face who do you want to wipe them away? You can trick your mind but your heart knows. You can silence the passion and hide from destiny but the will of the souls, if denied, must be more painful than anything imaginable. I know. I feel the pain too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I've been there also. It's more black and white for me though. I take only so much and then just flip a switch and turn away. It sounds heartless but how long can you stay with someone who doesn't give you what you need and want.

Life is to short to just hang in for the kids, the house, etc.. I want to be an active participant in my life and will only allow myself to be with someone who complements me and in some ways completes me.

After a while the pain will numb and you will get on with your life and be so much happier because you left for the right reasons.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Milwaukee Girl said...

Wow - totally hit home. I love your writing :) Even though my eyes are all welted up and I'm at work ...

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Realizing a lot of issues that I don't want to face. The loneiness does make you numb after awhile.

Your writing is absolutely amazing.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kill's First Godchild said...

Wow, that is deep... made me a little teary-eyed. Oh who am I kiddding? I bawled when I read this. It's really good.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home