Vacations

Friday, April 28, 2006

We planned our family summer vacation last night. The last week in May thru the first week in June we will be traveling to South Dakota and Wyoming to see: Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Devil’s Tower, Crazy Horse Memorial, Jewel Cave, Wind Cave, Black Hills Nat. Forest, and Yellowstone Park. We have 12 days to see all of this and I think we will be able to do it. Gas prices will probably be $3.50 per gallon but we all need this vacation so I’m not going to let that ruin our fun.

We are still a little tentative about driving after New Mexico. Last years trip was to New Mexico and we all had a near death experience. I’ll have to post the story about that sometime as it was an amazing adventure. We will have to keep a close eye on the weather as we are driving to Yellowstone through the mountains to make sure the roads are passable.

There is a good possibility I will be able to conduct a paranormal investigation in the Bullock Hotel in Deadwood. The lady I spoke with said she would allow me to do it as long as the disruption was minimal. I would also get a detailed tour of all the haunts and I could add those stories to my book. Since we are driving I might be able to take my equipment depending on how big of a rental we get. But I don’t want to bog us down with a bunch of investigative equipment nor do I want to do anything too intense as this is a family vacation.

We also might take a trip out east in the fall. I have always wanted to see Salem, MA in October. We could stay at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast and see were the Salem Witch Trials occurred. Maybe even drive down to Washington DC to tour some of the museums.

I also have two paranormal vacations planned with the paranormal group: one to the Bell Witch Cave and another to the Villisca Axe Murder House. I have not set a firm date yet but hopefully we can all get together and agree on a date soon. Both of those would be good to see in either the summer or the fall and would be inexpensive weekend road trips.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That new RSS feed is awesome! I didn't check when you posted these last two, but I noticed the Feed number jump, and sure enough, it indicated Neutrality (2).

Great articles, both. I like the "Sith Lord" connotation. Makes it easy to understand for simpletons like me. LOL
Have a great weekend, Jeff.

9:17 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Andy,

Thanks for reminding me of that. For anyone using RSS feeds you can link to my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/Neutrality.

With an RSS feed, you will get notifications when something new is posted.

9:26 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Mimi,

I have always wanted to to a PI in Gettysburg. If we have troubles getting to Salem then this would be my next choice. I would like to hear more about the mental hospital. Exactly where is it?

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. We did our East Coast Tour last summer ... all driving ... I think too much is left out if you fly. My Hubby, my Small Bird, and I *love* driving vacations.

Have a great trip!

10:42 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Mimi,

Awesome and thanks. :)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Avid Diva said...

The trip sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to make my own pilgrimage to Mt. Rushmore some time soon. :)

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home